Public Works Employee
The Town of Melita is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong organizational and problem-solving skills to fill the full-time Public Works Employee position.
Under the direction of the Public Works Foreman, a Public Works Employee assists in the construction and maintenance of roads and sidewalks, maintenance of sewer and water installations, operation of public works equipment and other duties as assigned.
The preferred applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent;
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license;
- Ability to operate/maintain various vehicles and heavy equipment;
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment;
- Physically capable of performing all work tasks;
- Possess electrical, mechanical working aptitudes;
- Participate in training and upgrading of skills necessary to perform duties;
- Be a team player possessing effective communication skills and must be courteous and respectful to Council, supervisors, co-workers and the general public;
- Required standby and overtime work when necessary.
Preference will be given to applicants who posses the following:
- Class 3A or higher;
- Certification in Class I Water Treatment & Distribution, and Class II Wastewater Treatment & Collection. (Consideration may be given to applicants with partial or no certification who are willing to complete the necessary certifications.)
The Town of Melita will be offering competitive salary compensation with experience and qualifications as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume marked Public Works Employee, with salary expectations, as soon as possible.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is located.
Town of Melita
Breigh Crepeele, CAO
Box 364, Melita, MB R0M 1L0
The Town of Melita thanks all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.