The Town of Melita is seeking a reliable and experienced individual for the Office Clerk position.
Under the supervision and direction of the CAO, the Office Clerk will provide support in a variety of tasks involving day to day business operations of the municipality, to both customers and co-workers.
Including the following:
- Provide administrative support for the CAO, Administrative Assistant, Public Works Foreman and Council members.
- Prepare minutes and related documents in preparation for council meetings.
- Completion of grant applications.
- Monitor and reply to general email inquires and requests.
- Update website and social media accounts.
- Provide back up for other administrative personnel as required.
- Ability to work in a demanding and stressful environment when dealing with deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- High degree of tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Team player, well organized and ability to problem solve.
- General office environment.
- Proficient in MS Office computer software such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Achieved a Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Willing to enroll in and graduate from the Certificate in Manitoba Municipal Administrative Program.
The Town of Melita offers a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume to the undersigned no later than 4:00 pm, Friday, August 25th, 2023
Town of Melita
79 Main Street
Phone: (204) 522-3413
Fax: (204) 522-3587
The Town of Melita thanks all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.